- Target: The citizens of specific countries
- Benefits: District recipients receive US$1,500 and 10 international recipients receive $4,000 each.
- Host Institution: Institustions at any club countries of Zonta
- Deadline: Expires in 91 days
Established in 1990 by Past International President Leneen Forde, the Young Women in Public Affairs Award honors young women of age 16 to 19, who demonstrate a commitment to leadership in public policy, government and volunteer organizations. The program operates at the Zonta club, district/region and international levels. Zonta clubs provide awards for club recipients, and district/region and international awards are funded by the Zonta International Foundation.
District recipients receive US$1,000, and ten international recipients are selected from the district/region recipients to receive awards of US$4,000 each.
Level and Area of Studies
There is no limitation of level and fields of YWPA award
Place of Study
The program may be conducted in any club countries of Zonta
Eligibility and Criteria
The applicants must be women of age 16-19 on 1 April each year, living in a Zonta district/region, or a citizen of a Zonta country, who demonstrate evidence of the following, are eligible to apply.
- Active commitment to volunteerism.
- Experience in local government, student government, or workplace leadership (paid or unpaid).
- Volunteer leadership achievements.
Knowledge of Zonta International and its programs.
- Support in Zonta International’s mission of empowering women worldwide through service and advocacy.
Candidates must be the citizen of Zonta club countries. Please find these countries here
The application must start with a Zonta club. All application materials must be received at a Zonta club by the printed deadline. Zonta clubs select one application to send to the district governor/region representative. A district/region evaluating committee reviews the applications and selects one applicant per district/region to submit to Zonta International Headquarters. The Zonta International YWPA Award Committee recommends ten international recipients from the district/region applications to the Zonta International Board. After approval by the Zonta International Board, the Zonta International Foundation provides awards and certificates to the district/region, and international recipients.
1 July every year.