The Women’s Overseas Service League Scholarship or WOSL Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is only open to female students who are committed to advancement in military or other public service careers. They must already admitted for study in an institution of higher learning in a program leading to an academic degree.
Scholarships average $500.00 to $1000.00 annually and may be renewed for a second year if the recipient maintains and reports satisfactory progress as delineated in the scholarship award criteria.
Level and Area of Studies
Degree in any level.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- Are committed to advancement in military or other public service careers.
- Have demonstrated such commitment through life experiences.
- Have successfully completed a minimum of 12 semester (or 18 quarter) hours of study in any institution of higher education with a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
- Are admitted for study in an institution of higher learning in a program leading to an academic degree (Associate Degree or higher). The program may be professional or technical in nature.
- Agree to enroll for a minimum of six semester (or nine quarter) hours of study each academic period.
- Agree to maintain academic standards.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.