Applications for the Viking Mergers’ Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship Program are now being invited. This call is intended to students who are currently operating a side business. They must be undergraduate or graduate students at an accredited college or university in the United States.
At Viking, we believe in fostering and encouraging the entrepreneurs of tomorrow. This is why we created our Entrepreneur Endorsement Scholarship, which is designed to help offset the costs of education for college students who have shown a demonstrated interest in entrepreneurship.
Successful candidate will be granted benefit of $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate or graduate level in business – related field.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Majoring in business, entrepreneurship, or small business management
- Currently operating a side business while in college
- Involvement in a family business
- Being involved in an activity that will support their business/career goals of entrepreneurship. For example: if you wish to open a dance studio, and you’re majoring in dance, but you teach dance on the side to a few kids, or if you’re an active member of an entrepreneur club or organization at your school.
- As part of the application process, you’ll need to explain how your major, business, or extracurricular activities express your interest in entrepreneurship.
- Applicants must be undergraduate or graduate students enrolled an accredited college or university in the United States, and also have a GPA of at least 2.5 for the prior semester or otherwise have an academic status in “good standing” (if GPAs are not used). The winner must apply the full amount of the scholarship towards costs directly associated with the cost of education within 12 months of receiving the award. These costs include: tuition, books, room & board, etc. Previous recipients of this scholarship are not eligible to apply in any subsequent years.
The U.S. citizens are welcome to apply.
To apply, candidates are required to provide the materials as follow:
- An online application
- A formal letter of recommendation
- Either a video or short essay that answers the following questions:
If you could start a company or business with a celebrity (dead or alive), whom would it be and why? Also, what type of company or business would you start with that celebrity and why?
If you choose to make a video, it needs to be between three and four minutes in length. If you choose to submit a paper, it needs to be between 400 and 600 words.
– Deadline : May 1, 2019
– Award Date: May 31, 2019