The Team Type 1 Foundation is delighted to invite applications for the Team Type 1 Scholarship Program. This award is exclusively available for student athletes with Type 1 diabetes. They must be currently attending college or university. Minimum 3.0 of GPA is also required for the scholarship.
Team Type 1 scholarship is aimed to recognize young, talented athletes with Type 1 diabetes who demonstrate an ability to balance both academic and sporting commitments, promote good health with successful management of their diabetes through exercise, and support families already burdened with additional expenses associated with diabetes care.
The winner of the Team Type 1 Scholarship will receive $5,000.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at NCAA/NAIAinstitution in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
The selection process for applications is based on the following criteria:
- The applicant has Type 1 diabetes
- The applicant is a competitive athlete
- The applicant maintains a GPA of 3.0 or better
- The applicant wants to use their sports as a platform to inspire
- The applicant attends (or will attend) an accredited NCAA and NAIA institution
- The applicant continues to compete in an NCAA and NAIA sport
- The applicant commits to being available for at least two Team Type 1 speaking opportunities (at diabetes camps, conferences, or other events) to raise awareness about diabetes management and to inspire people with diabetes to better manage their disease
The citizens of the United States are invited to apply this Team Type 1 Scholarship.
The application form can be obtained from the link below.
31 March every year.