The South African Association of Botanists Scholarship or SAAB Scholarship Program is now open to the applicants who are graduated with a minimum overall average of 70% and study at a tertiary institution in South Africa. Only the citizens of one of the SADC countries are invited to apply. There are three scholarships available.
The South African Association of Botanists (SAAB) was founded in order to promote and maintain the status of the Botany profession across all sectors and to perform functions which may attain the objectives of the profession. SAAB represents various academic botanical disciplines, with members in universities, academic institutions and research institutions across the country .
- There will be 3 scholarships awarded, to the value of R10 000 each for studies at Honours level (or 4th year), in a botanically-related science field of study.
- There will also be 1 scholarship awarded, to the value of R40 000 for MSc studies.
Level and Area of Studies
Honours level (or 4th year) and MSc Program in botanically-related sciences are eligible for the SAAB Scholarship.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in South Africa.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Resident in one of the SADC countries
- Graduated with a minimum overall average of 70%
- Study at a tertiary institution in South Africa
- Currently a member/ apply to become a member of SAAB
- Have a supervisor that is a paid-up member of SAAB
- MSc students: graduated with a BScHonours degree AND achieved a minimum overall average of 70%
Only the citizens of these countries may apply this SAAB Scholarship: South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Lesotho, Swaziland, Angola, Malawi, Democratic Republic of Congo, Tanzania, Seychelles, Mozambique, Mauritius, Madagascar, Comoros.
Students who meet the requirements and would like to apply, must submit clear copies of the following supporting documentation along with your completed application form (the submission of these documents is compulsory – if any items are missing, your application be disregarded):
- ID document (certified copy)
- Full academic transcripts (certified copies)
- Curriculum Vitae (with names and contact details of 2 referees)
- Motivational letter written by yourself with a description of your proposed honours/ 4th year research interests
- Motivational letter (from your honours/4th year project supervisor)
- Names and values of the other bursaries/ scholarships you have applied for
27 February 2019.