The Rotary Yoneyama Memorial Foundation is glad to offer a number of Rotary Yoneyama International Scholarships. Those scholarships open to foreign students undertaking undergraduate and post-graduate program at Japanese institution. ¥100,000/month will be granted for undergraduate students and ¥140,000/month for Master and Doctoral students. The application deadline is 31st October every year.
The Rotary Yoneyama International Scholarships for applicants residing abroad is for international students scheduled to enroll in a Japanese University or Graduate School. Applicants have to find out and apply a Japanese university or graduate school by themselves before they apply for this scholarship.
Each of the winning students potentially to receive the benefit as follow: ¥100,000/month will be granted for undergraduate students and ¥140,000/month for Master and Doctoral students.
See Also: Rotary International Peace Fellowships
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate, master and PhD degree in any disciplines.
Place of Study
The Rotary Yoneyama International Scholarships are taken at a Japanese university.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, all candidates must be satisfying the given criteria as follow:
- Citizenship & Place of Residence Not be a citizen of Japan nor be residing in Japan.
- Permission for Pre-arrival Admission in Japanese University or Graduate School have either obtained or be in the process of applying for pre-arrival admission approval from the university or graduate school (under MEXT jurisdiction) to which you wish to enter as a degree student or research student. If the applicants come to Japan to have the entrance examination (e.g., to take a written exam or interview), they must return to their residing country to apply for the scholarship.
- Scholastic and Health Requirements Have an enthusiasm for study and clear-cut future goals, an awareness of and respect for cultural differences, and ability to express oneself fluently and to communicate smoothly, and both the mental and physical health needed to sustain one’s life as an overseas exchange student.
- Major Field of Study: All fields are eligible.
- Japanese Language Ability: there are several conditions requiring Japanese language ability depend on the area where applicants’ targeted the university / graduate school is located. In either case, after arriving Japan, scholars are expected to make an effort to communicate in Japanese so as to better create and strengthen friendship ties with Japanese people.
- Age Up to age 39.
- Academic Degree: Persons who already hold a bachelor’s degree are not eligible for an undergraduate scholarship. Persons who already hold a master’s degree are not eligible for a master’s scholarship. Persons who already hold a doctoral degree are not eligible for a doctoral scholarship.
- Dual Scholarships Student who will hold a scholarship from another organization when this scholarship goes into effect is not eligible to receive this one.
- Past Yoneyama Scholars Persons who have held a Yoneyama scholarship in the past are not eligible for this scholarship.
Students from all nations except Japan are welcome to apply.
Check Also: Rotary Global Grants Scholarship Program
To apply for the Rotary Yoneyama International Scholarships, please learn the details on the instructions of the application and procedure at the official website and application link below provided.
31st October every year.