The University of Technology Sydney is glad to invite applications for the Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship Programme. This scholarship is open to students who are an Australian or New Zealand citizen who are or will be enrolled undergraduate course or an Insearch Diploma program at the university.
The Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship intends to attract talented, aspiring athletes with the desire to pursue State, National and International rowing to enhance their educational opportunities by providing support for expenses directly linked to their study. For full details of the Scholarship please read the Conditions of Award.
The winner of the Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship Programme will receive $10,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate course or an Insearch Diploma program in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken at the University of Technology Sydney in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or the holder of an Australian permanent resident visa or permanent humanitarian visa; and
- Enrolled or intend to enrol in a UTS undergraduate course or an Insearch Diploma program in the session for which the scholarship is offered; and
- Must be a member of the UTS Haberfield Rowing Club (UTSHRC); and
- Must compete as/or demonstrate potential as a: World Class Rower (Olympian, World Championships); or Elite Rower who competes at State or National level; and
- Must be accepted into the UTS Elite and Emerging Athlete Program; and
- All candidates must be available to attend an interview in person, if required.
In addition, preference will be given to applicants who:
- Are potentially capable of representing Australia at the Olympics, and/or
- Will represent the University where required at State, National and International University events.
The citizens of Australia and New Zealand are welcome to apply this Ross Milbourne Elite Rower Scholarship Programme.
Applications are not necessary for this Scholarship.
12 March 2019.