Students are now invited to apply the Press Club Scholarship Program. Eligible candidates should be college students who currently living in Western Pennsylvania. The winning students will receive benefit of $2,500 Press Club Scholarship and $5,000 Bob Fryer Memorial Scholarship.
The Press Club of Western Pennsylvania is offering two types of scholarships as 13rd Annual Bob Fryer Memorial Scholarship and the Annual Press Club Scholarship. Scholarships are intended to reward outstanding students who are studying journalism or similar majors and planning to develop careers in print journalism, online journalism and photojournalism or broadcasting.
The $5,000 Fryer and $2,500 Press Club Scholarship awards will be give to the winning students.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Candidates must be sophomores or juniors enrolled in an accredited college or university.
- Candidates must be able to demonstrate why they should receive the award.
- Candidate’s primary residence must be in one of the 29 counties of Western Pennsylvania: Allegheny, Armstrong, Beaver, Bedford, Blair, Butler, Cambria , Cameron, Centre, Clarion, Clearfield, Crawford, Elk, Erie, Fayette, Forest, Greene, Huntingdon, Indiana, Jefferson, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Somerset, Venango, Warren, Washington, Westmoreland.
Only the U.S students are invited to apply.
The application packet must be consisting the materials as follow:
- An essay of no more than 600 words that describes why the selection committee should award you the scholarship.
- Any relevant samples of your work that will help the committee in its deliberations.
- A letter of reference from a college teacher, professor or adviser.