The Small World in Motion Nikkon Contest is now open. Any one who are 18 years of age or older may participate in. Winners will be selected to receive prizes of $3000, $2000 and $1000. To apply, submission must be received no later than April 30 every year.
The Nikon International Small World Competition is recognized as a means to recognize and applaud the efforts of those involved with photography through the light microscope. Small World in Motion encompasses any movie or digital time-lapse photography taken through the microscope and adds a new, distinct discipline to the competition.
Top 3 prize winners are selected and they will get $3000, $2000 and $1000 award amount respectively.
Level and Area of Studies: Not specified.
Place of Study: Any.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Anyone over the age of 18 is eligible, with the exception of employees of Nikon, their families, the contest judges, and individuals engaged in the manufacture or sale of microscopes, related accessories or photographic equipment.
- Former first prizewinners are ineligible to win first prize in the three contests immediately following the contest they won but can win other prizes.
- Any image that has won any other photomicrography competition is not eligible.
- Photomicrographs must be taken using a light microscope, such as one of the Nikon series of microscopes. All types of light microscopy and specimens are acceptable. Electron and any other microscopes that do not capture imagery using optical light technology are not permitted.
- The use of Nikon equipment is not required.
- No purchase is necessary to enter or win.
There is no nationality restriction to participate in this Nikkon Contest.
Detail instruction of this Nikkon Contest can be learnt at the link below.
April 30 every year. Entries received after that date will be automatically rolled into the following year’s competition.