The Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Scholarship are currently open for international students including those coming from UK and EU. The applicants must be enrolled at PhD program at SOAS, University of London. The newly enrolling full-time MPhil students with an offer of admission are also eligible. The winner of the scholarship may expect to receive up to £7,000 in total. Please submit your application form due to 1 May, 2019.
In 2019 session there will be two student will be selected to receive the Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Scholarship. The Scholarships are given for one year only, but it is possible to reapply if an award recipient has demonstrated outstanding potential for research. Please note that this scholarship cannot be held during the Extension of Writing-Up (Continuation) status.
Each of the scholarship winner will be awarded maximum £7,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Full-time MPhil/PhD programme in Japanese studies
Place of Study
At SOAS, University of London, UK
Eligibility and Criteria
Before applying this scholarship, please make sure that you meet all of the following criteria:
- Current PhD students at SOAS, or newly enrolling full-time MPhil students with an offer of admission are eligible. Newly enrolling MPhil students will be given preference.
- It is important that your referees comment on your skill in Japanese in the areas of reading, composition and speaking.
- Applicant must possess an MA degree from SOAS or an equivalent institution in a relevant subject.
- Candidates must have an offer of admission by the scholarship deadline.
- Applicants (new admissions, i.e. starting in September 2019) must meet the English language condition of their offer of admission to study at SOAS as soon as possible but no later than 1 June 2019. If your offer is conditional on English, please arrange your English test and ensure you meet the English requirements as soon as possible.
All nationalities may apply this Meiji Jingu Japanese Studies Scholarship.
This scholarship can be applied online. Before applying this scholarship some documents must be provided including two references. Please visit the application link below to see further instruction.
1 May, 2019