The University of Dundee in Scotland is accepting applications for the Making Matters Award. This program is open to any student pursuing pursuing a postgraduate degree program in the field of Art and Design, English / Creative Writing / Film Studies at the university.
The Making Matters Award has been founded by a DJCAD alumnus with the specific purpose of assisting students on the MFA Art & Humanities who may require extra financial resources in order to undertake the one-year full time course. The award may benefit one postgraduate student who may receive the full sum or alternatively if there are two equally strong proposals and a decision cannot be reached the award may be split between two postgraduate students. The inaugural award will be awarded to the student/s at the commencement of their studies in 2019. The award will be for one year.
The winner of the Making Matters Award will be awarded £1,200 in entry year only.
Level and Area of Studies
Postgraduate degree in Art and Design, English / Creative Writing / Film Studies.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Scotland.
Eligibility and Criteria
The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the Making Matters Award:
- Applying to study an MFA Art & Humanities at the University of Dundee to the value of the annual giving total from the donor plus gift aid. To assists students at the outset of the course, the award will be paid at the beginning of the academic year (September 2019)
- The student receiving the award must be studying the MFA Art & Humanities at the University of Dundee.
- When assessing the award the student will be considered on their potential as well as on their current academic achievement.
EU, Overseas, Rest of UK, Scottish students are welcome to apply.
- Please submit a short 300 word statement along with 6 images of your work. The statement should include supporting reasons why and how this award is relevant and helpful to your practice moving forward.
- The application should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.
30 June 2019.