- Target: The citizens of the Australia or permanent residents
- Benefits: Up to $A40,000each per annum
- Level and Discipline: Postgraduate degree in Science, Law and Legal Studies
- Host Institution: Australian or overseas tertiary institution
- Deadline: 30 November every year
A number of Australian and overseas postgraduate scholarships are awarded annually by the Lionel Murphy Foundation Endowment. These scholarships are known as the Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship. The number of scholarships awarded each year, and the method of payment, is recommended by the Advisory Committee. Applicants should have completed, or be about to complete, an undergraduate degree in science, law or legal studies, or other appropriate discipline from an Australian tertiary institution, and intend to pursue a postgraduate degree in science, law or legal studies, or other appropriate discipline.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to eleigible for the Lionel Murphy Endowment Postgraduate Scholarship, applicants must meet the requirements as follow:
- Scholars are required to give regular interim progress reports and to provide a full report to the Lionel Murphy Foundation Endowment Advisory Committee on completion of their studies, of their work and other activities undertaken as a Lionel Murphy Foundation Scholar.
- Scholars are obliged to immediately inform the Lionel Murphy Foundation Endowment Advisory Committee if they are awarded any other scholarship applicable to the study supported by the Lionel Murphy Endowment Scholarship.
- Scholars should understand that the receipt of another scholarship, award, funding, or the acceptance of paid employment, may lead to the reduction or withdrawal of the Lionel Murphy Endowment Scholarship, and to the obligation to repay moneys to the Endowment.
- Scholars are expected and encouraged to publish the results of their studies, and to acknowledge in such publication/s the support of the Lionel Murphy Foundation Endowment.
Please download and complete the application form at the link below. All applications must be accompanied by two referees’ reports. (Applications not accompanied by two references will be rejected without consideration.)