The applications for Leo Baeck Fellowship are accepted through 1 February each year. Students from all nationals are welcome to apply. Those awards are purposed to support fellows doing doctoral research in the area of history and culture of German-speaking Jewry. Up to 1,350 EUR per month will be awarded to each of the selected applicants.
The international Leo Baeck Fellowship program is open to doctoral students who work on a doctorate in the field of history and culture of German-speaking Jewry. In addition to financial support for one year, the program includes the opportunity for scientific exchange at regular meetings – organized jointly by the studienstiftung and the Leo Baeck Institute London. The program will appeal to doctoral students who carry out their research in several countries. It is open to students from all nationalities and of all universities worldwide.
Fellows receive a stipend of 1,350 EUR per month, generally supplemented by a monthly research allowance of 100 EUR. For research trips and conference participation monthly supplements and travel allowances are available on application. Tuition fees are not covered.
Level and Area of Studies
Doctoral degree in the field of history and culture of German-speaking Jewry.
Place of Study
The program can be taken in several countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- University degree(s) with outstanding marks
- Date of latest degree not before February 2017
- Formal qualification for doctoral studies
- Research project focusing on the history and culture of Central European Jewry
There is no nationality restriction.
To apply, all applicants must provide the documents as follow:
- Completed application form which is can be downloaded at the link below.
- Motivation letter in which the interest is acquired by participating in the program (1 page)
- Curriculum vitae with information on education, extra-curricular interests and language skills
- Photocopy of the degree certificate with individual scores of the tested subjects
- Description of the research project (5 pages)
- Schedule for the academic year 2021/2022, including any research trips
- Letter of recommendation from the supervisor / supervisor of the doctorate
- Second letter of recommendation
1 February each year.