- Target: All nationalities
- Benefits: $5,000
- Level and Discipline: College or university level in law discipline
- Host Institution: ABA-accredited law school – USA
- Deadline: Expired 1331 days ago
Latham & Watkins M&A Scholars Program is now open. Eligible candidates must be attending ABA-accredited law school in the United States. Winner will receive benefit of $5,000 plus a valuable networking and training opportunities with the firm’s M&A Practice.
The Latham & Watkins M&A Scholars Program gives enterprising US law students a chance to be a part of one of the world’s leading M&A practices. Last year, our M&A lawyers handled more than US$618 billion in announced mergers and acquisitions transactions worldwide, representing principal entities or financial advisors in 500+ public and private transactions.
The M&A Scholars Program awards select second-year law school students an offer of summer employment, tailored mentoring from a senior M&A lawyer, and a scholarship of US$5,000, which will be paid upon starting as a full-time associate at the firm.
As an M&A Scholar, you will also receive valuable networking and training opportunities with the firm’s M&A Practice.
Level & Area of Studies
College or university level in law subjects.
Place of study
At any ABA-accredited law school in the United States.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Eligible candidates must be enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school and seek to practice law in the M&A Practice at one of Latham’s US offices. You must have successfully completed your first year of a full-time JD program by the application deadline, with an expected graduation date of spring 2021.
- The Applicants should be rising second-year law students (class of 2021) enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school, regardless of race, color, religion, citizenship, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, military service, disability, or any other characteristic or condition protected by applicable law.
The participants must provide all of the following items:
- Completed online application
- Unofficial or official law school transcript (including your complete grades for the 1L year; if your spring grades are not available when you apply, you can submit your transcript to email@example.com when they become available.
- A personal statement (approximately 500 words) describing your academic and leadership achievements, discussing previous work experience, and indicating how you’ll contribute to our M&A practice as well as our culture of teamwork, excellence, and inclusion
9 August 2019.