Entries for the Joan Ritchie Award Programme are now being invited. This call in intended to female students who are over 25 years of age. They must be Australian citizens who are in the second year of a full time course for any degree at any university in NSW or Canberra.
The Joan Ritchie Award is for a mature student in her second year of study, having completed the first year of study at a satisfactory academic level, who can demonstrate significant disadvantage. This now annual award was made possible by the generous bequest of past Eastern Suburbs member Ms Joan Ritchie.
The winner of the Joan Ritchie Award Programme will be granted $A1,200.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and master degree in any available subject.
Place of Study
The study will be taken any university in NSW or Canberra in Australia.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Must be 25years or over at the time of applying
- In the second year of a full time course for any degree at any university in NSW or Canberra, with a minimum of Credit level in all first year subjects
- Be an Australian citizen or have permanent residency in Australia
- Demonstrate significant disadvantage
Only the citizens of Australia may apply this Joan Ritchie Award Programme.
To apply, please submit all of the materials below:
- Scanned copy (pdf) of proof of enrolment in year of application
- Scanned copy (pdf) of original of all university results including those for subjects completed in your present course
- Personal impact statement to explain the nature of your disadvantage and its effect on your study and what benefit the award would provide to you. You may paste in a Word document of no more than 300 words of 11 point Arial font and line spacing 1.5
- PLEASE NOTE: A scanned copy (pdf) or image of proof of citizenship or permanent resident status e.g. extract of birth entry, passport, visa, certificate of citizenship will need to be supplied by short listed candidates upon request.
1 June 2019.