- Target: The citizens of Canada
- Benefits: $1,000
- Level and Discipline: Undergraduate degree or professional program such as Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, or Veterinary Medicine
- Host Institution: Any institution – Canada
- Deadline: Varies
The Jason Lang Scholarship Program is now open. The scholarship is sponsored by the government of Alberta in Canada. This scholarship is only open to Canadian citizens or permanent residents and enrolled in an undergraduate or professional program. Applications are accepted either in Fall or in Winter.
Established in the memory of Jason Lang, a 17-year-old high school student who was killed in a school shooting. The scholarship recognizes and rewards Alberta post-secondary students for their academic achievements and encourages them to continue in their undergraduate or professional program of study.
The winning student will receive benefit of $1,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree or professional program such as Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, or Veterinary Medicine.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible an applicant must:
- Be a Canadian Citizen, Permanent Resident, or Protected Person (visa students are not eligible),
- Be an Alberta resident.
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate or professional program such as Law, Medicine, Pharmacy, Dentistry, or
- Veterinary Medicine at a participating post-secondary educational institution in Alberta (students in graduate studies (Master’s or Doctoral level) are not eligible),
- Be enrolled in a program of study which is a minimum of two years in length or greater.
Only the Canadian citizens may apply this scholarship.
Submit your completed application form to the Student Awards Office at your educational institution.