- Target: All nationalities
- Benefits: 282 000 SEK per year
- Level and Discipline: Postdoctoral level in biology discipline
- Host Institution: Umea University – Sweden
- Deadline: Expired 1392 days ago
This fellowship aims to advance our mechanistic understanding of plant vascular development in response to mechanical stimulus. The project is a close cooperation between the group of Hannele Tuominen at Department of Plant Physiology (UPSC) and Javier Agusti, Instituto de Biología Molecular y Celular de Plantas, Universitat Politècnica de Valencia, Spain. The fellowship is hosted in Hannele Tuominens research group.
Eligibility and Requirements
In order to be eligible for this program, candidadates must be a highly motivated plant biologist with good skills in cell and molecular biology and genetics. Successful candidates will have a PhD degree, or equivalent, in plant biology. To be eligible for this fellowship, you should have completed your doctoral degree maximum three (3) years before the end of the application period unless special circumstances exist. Documented experience in plant vascular biology and proficiency using the R statistical programming language is an advantage. The ability to be independent as well as cooperate in a team, and good skills in the English language, are required. We value your creativity, ability to communicate and take initiative.
To apply, please provide all of the following materials:
- A personal letter that describes qualifications, research interests, and motivation for application,
- CV with full publication list,
- Copies of doctoral degree certificate and other relevant degree certificates and grades,
- Copy of doctoral thesis,
- Contact information of two referees,
- Other documents wished to be claimed.