British Council is pleased to a number of IELTS Scholarship Scheme Programmes. There are 12 awards available, 10 for students who wish to study in UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and 2 for students who wish to in other countries. Both undergraduate and postgraduate students are welcome to apply. Please note only students from Sri Lanka are eligible for this scholarship.
Stand a chance to win a scholarship for your higher education at the destination of your choice, whenever you take the IELTS with the British Council. This is a scholarship programme aimed at IELTS candidates of the British Council hoping to study abroad. We are awarding a total of 12 scholarship awards, with 10 scholarships for students applying to UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and two scholarships to an open destination category.
Each destination category will consist of two awards each;
- Postgraduate award: £ 2,000
- Undergraduate award: £ 1,000
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate and postgraduate degree in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in UK, Australia, Canada, New Zealand, USA and other countries.
Eligibility and Criteria
- The candidates applying for IELTS Scholarship Scheme should be residents and citizens of Sri Lanka.
- The scholarship is open to all applicants who have taken test with the British Council.
- The candidates must have an IELTS overall band score of 6 or above.
- The applicants should be 18 years of age or above.
- The candidates are required to be applying for undergraduate and postgraduate studies abroad.
- The applicants for IELTS Scholarship Scheme 2019 must have an offer letter from a recognized higher education institute which accepts IELTS as part of its admission criteria in the UK, US, Australia, Canada, or New Zealand.
Only the citizens of Sri Lanka may apply this IELTS Scholarship Scheme.
To apply, students are required to provide the documents as follow:
- University offer letter
- Copy of IELTS Test report form
- Copies of academic certificates