The Institute of Development Studies (IDS) is delighted to offer up to six scholarships to encourage high achieving scholars from the Global South to study for a master’s degree commencing in 2019. TheIDS Scholarship programs have been jointly endowed by the Allan and Nesta Ferguson Charitable Trust, the Albertina Scholarship Fund and the estate of Sir Hans Singer.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Must have received and accepted an offer of a place on an full-time taught IDS masters degree (see our list of IDS masters courses)
- Must have proven academic skills and an established career with a track record of excellence and achievement in the field of development
- Must be able to demonstrate, through your previous experience and future plans, that you are committed to working for development – be it educational, economic, social or cultural – in your home country
- Must not have studied nor worked in a high-income (developed) country
- Must meet all of IDS and the University of Sussex’s general entrance requirements.
Applications for the scholarship award should be submitted via online IDS Scholarship Application Form at the link below.