Applications for the Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship are now being accepted. Only female students may apply this scholarship. She must be planning to attend women’s college either in USA or in Canada. The winning student will receive $10,000 financial support.
The Sunflower Initiative is excited to announce The Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship to one woman choosing to attend a woman’s college. The scholarship honors the legacy of an outstanding artist and devoted alumna of Randolph-Macon Woman’s College.
Successful candidate will be granted $10,000.
Level and Area of Studies
Undergraduate degree in any subject.
Place of Study
In the United States of America or Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
To be eligible, students must satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Highly motivated women who are passionate about learning and desire to attend a woman’s college in either the United States or Canada.
- Must possess a stellar high school record, provide outstanding references, have a sincere desire to make a contribution to society, and show evidence of strong character and leadership qualities, as well as breadth and depth of interests.
- Applicants are recommended to have an unweighted GPA of at least a 3.5 and SAT scores of 1800 or higher or no single ACT score lower than 25.
- Graduating high school seniors, women who have matriculated at college, but left prior to the completion of the first semester, and early college applicants are eligible to apply.
- Women who have completed one semester of college or more are not eligible.
The U.S and Canadian citizens may apply this Harriet Fitzgerald Scholarship.
The application package must be consisting the materials as follow:
- Official high school or GED transcripts (mailed to the address)
- Official report of SAT (code 7230) or ACT (code 1715) scores (only mail if not included on official transcript)
- 3 Letters of recommendations: one from a teacher and two from community members (club advisor, employer, or other non-family), must be submitted on-line