- Target: The citizens of developing countries
- Benefits: Monthly €2,650 for postdoctoral researchers or €3,150 for experienced researchers (75)
- Level and Discipline: Research program in any discipline relevance to the future development of the candidate’s country or region of origin
- Host Institution: Any research institution – Germany
- Deadline: Expires in 80 days
Georg Forster Research Fellowship Program is open to researchers from any developing country. A range of benefits will be given to the winning fellows. They will receive a monthly fellowship of €2,650 for postdoctoral researchers (doctorate completed within the last four years) or €3,150 for experienced researchers (doctorate completed within the last 12 years). Individual mentoring during the sponsorship period is also available.
Eligibility and Requirements
You are eligible for this fellowship as long as you satisfy the following requirements:
- if you are a researcher with above average qualifications in a developing or transition country (see list of countries),
- if you intend to carry out long-term research of your own choice (6 to 24 months) at a research institution in Germany together with an academic host you have chosen yourself,
- if your research outline includes aspects that are important for the continued development of your country or region of origin and
- if you want to contribute to the exchange of knowledge and methods between Germany and your country of origin.
Application should be submitted online via the link below.