Applications for the Fisher House Foundation Scholarship are now being accepted. The scholarship award is exclusively targeted to military children who are enrolled at college or university in the United States of America.
The Fisher House Foundation is honored to be involved with the Scholarships for Military Children Program. The program supports the military community through programs such as this scholarship. The Scholarships for Military Children Program was created in recognition of the contributions of military families to the readiness of the fighting force and to celebrate the role of the commissary in the military family community.
A total of 500 scholarship grants, each for $2,000, will be awarded.
Level and Area of Studies
High school and college level in all subjects.
Place of Study
In the United States of America
Eligibility and Criteria
- Only dependent unmarried children under age 23 of active military duty personnel, reserve/guard and retired military members, or survivors of service members who died while on active duty or survivors of individuals who died while receiving retired pay from the military, may apply for a scholarship.
- Dependent children of NOAA (National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration), Public Health Service, other federal or military related agencies or activities, or DoD civilian employees are not eligible unless they meet the above requirement.
- Applicants must be enrolled, or planning to enroll, in a full-time undergraduate degree program at an accredited U.S. college or university in the fall term.
- Applicants who have earned an undergraduate degree or who are enrolled in a graduate degree program are not eligible.
- High school applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 basis) to be eligible to apply.
- College applicants must have a minimum unweighted GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 basis) to be eligible to apply.
The U.S students are welcome to apply.
To apply, please download and complete the application form at the link below.
February every year.