The Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is exclusively targeted to students who have attended a Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools district high school for a minimum of one school year, or be scheduled to complete a minimum of one year at the end of the current academic year. Triangle Community Foundation, the sponsor, provides up to $20,000 to the winning applicants.
Triangle Community Foundation is accepting application for Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship. The purpose of scholarship is to create a life-transforming opportunity for immigrant or first generation students who have overcome significant adversity. The scholarship also provides them the chance to pursue their dreams and improve their lives through education or training.
Up to $20,000 per year for four years will be given to the winning candidates. Total awards will not exceed $80,000.
Level and Area of Studies
The scholarship is targeted to high school graduate in any field of studies.
Eligibility and Criteria
All candidates are expected to satisfy the given criteria as follow:
- Have attended a Chapel Hill – Carrboro City Schools district high school for a minimum of one school year, or be scheduled to complete a minimum of one year at the end of the current academic year.
- Be a high school graduate or scheduled to become a high school graduate in the year of the application, or have completed and received a GED.
- Be an immigrant to the United States who came to the country with or without parents or a first generation United States citizen of immigrant parents or guardians.
- Applicants may be documented or undocumented immigrants.
- Have overcome significant adversity to pursue educational goals.
- Demonstrate financial need through financial information documentation.
- Provide a completed Felicia Brewer Opportunity Scholarship application and required forms and paperwork.
- Have been accepted into an accredited college, university, community college, or trade school.
The United States students may apply this scholarship.
Please follow the detail instruction described at the website and application link below.