The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships Programme is a full scholarship which is available for any prospective graduate students planning to study in Humanity studies at Oxford University, UK. There is no nationality restriction to apply this scholarship. The successful applicants will receive monthly living expenses in addition to all academic fees.
The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships Programme is specially available to full-time graduate degrees in various subjects in the Humanities. Established in 2012, the programme is supported by the generosity of Mica Ertegun. The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarship will include 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs. Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs, plus exclusive use of Ertegun House.
Level and Area of Studies
The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Scholarship available for graduate students in Humanity studies or any subjects offered in the following faculties:
Classics (including classical archaeology); English Language and Literature; Fine Art (excluding studio art); History (including history of art and the history of architecture); Linguistics, Philology and Phonetics; Medieval and Modern Languages (covering most European languages and their literature); Music; Oriental Studies (including Far Eastern and Middle Eastern Studies, and the study of a wide range of languages); Philosophy; and Theology.
Place of Study
Oxford University, UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
In order to be considered in The Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Graduate Scholarships:
- all candidates should be applying to start a new full-time graduate course at Oxford and must be applying to a course within the the above faculties.
- note that the scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit and the additional criteria outlined on the Ertegun supporting statement form.
- Students from all nationalities are eligible to apply
All nationality is eligible to apply this scholarship.
- In order to be considered for this scholarship, you must select ‘Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities’ in the Funding section of the University’s graduate application form and submit your application for graduate study by the relevant Deadline
- You must also complete an Ertegun supporting statement (see Related documents on this page) and upload it, together with your graduate application form, by the deadline, in order for your application to be complete.
- If you do not apply in full by the deadline, you will not be considered for this scholarship, even if you have selected the Mica and Ahmet Ertegun Postgraduate Scholarships in the Humanities on the graduate application form.
- The detail instruction can be seen at the application link below.
September to January yearly.