- Target: The citizens of Canada
- Benefits: $12,500 per annum (30 awards)
- Level and Discipline: PhD program in Medical and dentistry studies
- Host Institution: University of Alberta, Canada
- Deadline: Expired 1277 days ago
The University of Alberta is currently offering the Dean’s Doctoral Student Award. This program is only open to students registered full-time in a PhD program in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry at the university. Applications must be received no later than September 27, 2019.
Up to thirty awards valued at $12,500 per annum from the FoMD and $12,500 per annum from the supervisor, for a maximum of three years starting January 1, 2020.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in Medical and dentistry studies.
Place of Study
At the University of Alberta, Canada.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Students registered full-time in a PhD program in the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- Students transferring from a M.Sc. program to a PhD program are eligible and must be registered in the PhD program for the term in which the funding is initiated.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 3.5 for the previous 30 credits.
- The term of the award is for up to three years, but the student cannot hold the award beyond 5 years of enrollment in a PhD program or the enrollment in the M.Sc. program if they were first admitted into a M.Sc. program. Eligibility will be extended for leaves of absence from the program.
- Recipients of the award cannot hold another major award ($13,000 or greater), or any other stipend award from the Faculty of Medicine & Dentistry.
- Students who hold this award and receive a tri-council award must terminate this award, but will receive a one time $5,000 research allowance.
Canadian citizens are welcome to apply.
Applicants must submit a single PDF document that includes the application form and transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The complete application must be submitted by noon on Friday, September 27, 2019.