- Target: The citizens of developing countries
- Benefits: 5,000 to 20,000 EUR for research fund and 1,000 EUR per month for living cost
- Level and Discipline: College or university level in STEM courses
- Host Institution: Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) in Germany
- Deadline: 31 August every year
Applications for the The Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) Scholarship Program are now being accepted. Only students from developing countries are welcome to apply. They will be puruing doctoral program in any available field at the BIG-DR in Germany. Entries are accepted no later than 31 August annually.
The funds you need to secure for your research will vary from project to project, which can range from 5,000 to 20,000 EUR plus 1,000 EUR per month for living cost.
Level and Area of Studies
PhD program in any offered courses at the host institution.
Place of Study
At Bonn International Graduate School for Development Research (BIGS-DR) in Germany.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Only applicants from developing countries and emerging economies according to the DAC list are eligible for the scholarship we offer in cooperation with the DAAD EPOS program. To be eligible, you must have at least two years of relevant professional experience.
- BIGS-DR is conducted in English. We, therefore, require the following English language skills: IELTS certificate (band 6); TOEFL (minimum score: 550 paper-based, 213 computer-based, 80 internet-based); Other English language certificate from a language institution and University waiver that indicates the language of instruction was in English.
Students from developing countries are welcome to apply.
Please go to the link below to see further instruction of application procedure of this scholarship.
31 August each year.