- Target: All nationalities
- Benefits: Up to £5,000
- Level and Discipline: Master degree in the field of Multimedia Journalism
- Host Institution: Manchester Metropolitan University – UK
- Deadline: Mid October every year
The Al-Habeeb Scholarship is now open. The scholarship is sponsored by Manchester Metropolitan University. Candidates from all nationalities are welcome to apply. To be eligible, the candidates should be full-time MA students in Multimedia Journalism, in the Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science at the university. This Al-Habeeb Scholarship offers up to £5,000 to the selected applicant. To apply, the completed application form must be submitted no later than October every year.
The Al-Habeeb Scholarship is mainly purposed to encourage student recipients to champion and promote the issues facing Black and Minority Ethnic (BME) communities in the United Kingdom through journalism and writing. Graduates of all disciplines are equipped with knowledge and skills in journalism through intensive practical training and tuition. Designed to meet the requirements of the Broadcast Journalism Training Council, the course is taught by dedicated staff with media and industry experience, and strong professional connections. You will benefit from a mandatory placement providing key networking opportunities which will also enhance your employability.
Up to £5,000 will be awarded to the scholarship recipient.
Level and Area of Studies
Master degree in the field of Multimedia Journalism.
Place of Study
At Faculty of Humanities, Languages and Social Science, Manchester Metropolitan University in UK.
Eligibility and Criteria
This Al-Habeeb Scholarship only open to those meet the criteria as follow:
- Candidates must apply to, and receive an offer of a place on, the full-time MA Multimedia Journalism degree before applying for the Scholarship.
- Candidates must demonstrate their interest in championing and advocating BME community issues through volunteering, employment, academic study and/or in writing.
- The Scholarship is available to candidates for the full-time MA in Multimedia Journalism programme only.
- The Scholarship is available to self-funded candidates only.
There is no nationality restriction
If you are eligible candidates, you are advised to click the application link below and learn further instruction of application procedure.
Mid of October annually.