The Actuarial Foundation in the United States is delighted to invite applications for the Actuarial Diversity Scholarship Program. Eligible candidates must be minority students who are pursuing undergraduate program at a U.S. accredited educational institution. All eligible students must be planning to pursue career in the actuarial profession.
The Actuarial Diversity Scholarship promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American and Pacific Islander students. The scholarship award recognizes and encourages the academic achievements of full-time undergraduate students pursuing a degree that may lead to a career in the actuarial profession
The wiining applicants will receive $1,000- Freshman; $2,000- Sophomore; $3,000- Junior; $4,000- Senior.
Level and Area of Studies
College or university level in any field.
Place of Study
The study will be taken any accredited institution in the United States.
Eligibility and Criteria
Each applicant of the Actuarial Diversity Scholarship must fulfill all the requirements listed below:
- Must have at least one birth parent who is a member of one of the following minority groups: Black/African American, Hispanic, Native North American, Pacific Islander.
- Enrolling as or enrolled as a full-time undergraduate student at a U.S. accredited educational institution.
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), emphasis on math or actuarial courses.
- Entering college freshmen must have a minimum ACT math score of 28 or SAT math score of 620.
- Intent on pursuing a career in the actuarial profession.
The citizens of the United States are welcome to apply.
Please see further instruction of application procedure at the link below.
31 March 2019.